Updated September 7, 2021
This Online Privacy Statement applies to the Embright website, Embright.com, ("Site"), which is published by Embright. Embright is committed to respecting individuals’ privacy. By choosing to continue to use this Site, you agree to Embright’s collection and use of personal information and non-personal information as described in this Online Privacy Statement. This Online Privacy Statement only governs the use and disclosure of information collected through this Site.
Collection of information
Embright automatically collects the following information:
- The Internet Protocol (IP) address and name of the Internet domain you used to access the Internet
- The URL of the website from which you linked directly to the Embright Site
- The date and time you accessed the Embright Site
- The pages you visited, including the information requested through your browser, the response from your browser, the size of the page you received in response to the request, and the marketing email or web page that referred you to the page you visited; and
- The web browser and operating system you used to access the Embright Site
- Information that you provide such as name, username, email address, telephone numbers, or social network accounts.
Embright may aggregate information collected from your visit to this Site with other information held by Embright.
Use of information
Embright retains this information for the duration required by law or as determined by Embright internal policies. Embright will only use your personal data on a lawful basis to fulfill a legitimate interest of Embright. Embright may use information collected from your visit to this Site to:
- Manage and improve the user experience and preferences associated with this Site and Embright communications
- Track how often people gain access to or read the Embright content
- Foster further communications and manage your subscription(s) to Embright publications
- Invite and/or register you (upon request) to events that may be of interest to you
- Optimize and personalize your online interactions with Embright
- Identify anomalies in web traffic in order to help protect personal and Embright institutional information
- Conduct online research, education, training, or surveys
- Fulfill your request for goods or services
- Exercise Embright’s legal rights, defend against legal claims, or respond to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal processes.
The collection and use of personal information for any other purpose than described herein requires supplemental and more specific notification or consent. Embright is a business associate of its participating providers, and may also be a business associate of your employer’s health benefit plan, and shall comply with the limitations from any applicable Notice of Privacy Practices provided to you by any provider, facility or health benefit plan of which Embright is a business associate.
Disclosure or sharing of information
Embright may use third party service providers and suppliers to facilitate this website or the services Embright provides. Those providers and suppliers may have access to the information Embright collects in order to fulfill their obligations to Embright.
Embright may use various technologies such as cookies, applets, scripts, server logs, custom URL parameters, tracking images, information and correspondence, or web analytics to collect information. Depending on your browser you may be able to disable certain collection methods. This may limit your ability to use some features of this website.
Embright may provide links on this website to other non-Embright websites. Embright may also partner with third parties to place Embright related ads on non-Embright websites. Your use of non-Embright websites is subject to the terms and conditions or privacy statements of the providers of those websites.
Embright strives to protect information and has security measures in place to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of information under our control.
Children or minors
Embright does not knowingly collect personal information from children or minors as defined by the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) on its general websites. The collection and use of personal information from children or minors for other purposes is subject to supplemental and more specific notification or consent terms.
Additional rights you may have regarding your data
Applicable laws may give you additional rights to request access to, or to request the erasure, correction or transfer of, your data. For example, the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (EU GDPR) provides certain rights to persons who were/are residing in the European Union when data were/are collected. If the EU GDPR applies to your data then you may ask to see your data or request, to the extent allowed by law, to have your data corrected or erased. You may also object to or request restrictions on how your data will be processed. You may ask that your data be forwarded or transferred to another organization. Finally, to the extent allowed by law, you may withdraw consent you have given to certain data processing, without penalty. If you do decide to withdraw consent at a later date, your withdrawal will not affect the legality of the processing of your data up to that point.
1114 Post Avenue
Seattle, WA 98101